Senior Java Software Developer
- Design and development of new Java Enterprise applications.
- Design and development of Web 2.0 applications.
- Architect and develop database applications using ORM technologies.
- Design and develop new Web based user interfaces.
- Maintenance of existing Java applications.
- Implement new Web Services and Web Service clients for interoperation with .NET platform and third-party applications.
- Unit test and document new code.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree/Diploma.
- A passion for innovation and creating cutting edge applications.
- Must be able to write high quality and efficient code while meeting timelines.
- At least 5 years of experience as a software developer in Java.
- Must have significant experience developing Java based Web applications.
- Experience with at least one AJAX framework.
- Hands on experience in application development using Java, Hibernate, JDO, Jakarta Struts, JSP, servelets, HTML, XML and SOAP.
- Hands on experience in designing and implementing Web based solutions and deploying and configuring Java Application Servers.
- Experience configuring Apache Web Server & Apache TomCat.
- Solid experience designing and implementing solutions using relational databases.
- A good understanding of the software development process and best practices in an agile environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt fast to new environments and development frameworks.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
The following would be an asset:
- Algorithm development skills.
- Experience creating Web services.
- Experience creating Web WYSIWYG Applications.
- Experience developing cutting edge and high performance Web 2.0 applications.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks for Java.
- Experience with MSSQL 2005/2008 databases.
- Experience with Oracle.
- Windows and .NET Programming Experience.